Seven of the top 10 regional Golden Garages winners are independent repair businesses, according to competition organiser Motor Codes.
The list includes CAT Garage of the Year 2011 ABP Motorsport and Award finalist Anglo Continental Cars in Milton Keynes.
- East of England â€“ Roy Tolley, Colchester (CitroÃ«n)
- Midlands â€“Â Crescent Motoring Services, Burton upon Trent*
- North East â€“ Paul Robbie Motor Services, Hexham*
- North West â€“ ABP Motorsport, Crewe*
- Northern Ireland â€“ SERE SEAT, Lisburn (SEAT)
- Scotland â€“ W Livingstone, Uddingston, Glasgow (SEAT)
- South East â€“ Anglo Continental Cars, Bletchley, Milton Keynes*
- South WestÂ â€“ Clive Woolford Motor Engineers, Tewkesbury*
- Wales â€“ A1 Motorcare, Rumney, Cardiff*
- Yorkshire â€“ Reynolds of Selby, Selby*
The garages were picked out by motorists prepared to share the secret of where they receive the best service.
Voting has now closed â€“ and the top 10 now face a grilling from an expert judging panel, including CATâ€™s editor, Emma Butcher.
The RAC will also conduct an independent assessment of the businesses before the overall Golden Garage is announced in April.
Motor Codes boss Chris Mason said: â€œFighting back against the negative image often unfairly associated with garages, Golden Garages is there to champion examples of good service.
â€œIt allows motorists to tell fellow drivers about the safe havens â€“ garages that give top customer service.â€
The UK’s top 10 garages will each receive Â£200 of experience vouchers from Unipart, Â£650 of Snap-On Tools vouchers, a yearâ€™s free subscription to Motor Codes and credit to spend on Motor Codes marketing materials.
The Golden Garage will also receive Â£2250 of Snap-On Tools vouchers, three yearsâ€™ free subscription to Motor Codes and additional credit to spend in the Motor Codes shop.
*Independent garage finalist