It’s the fourth of July and that means only one thing, it’s Independents’ Day. No, we’ve not spelt anything wrong, we’re re-naming July the fourth as Independents’ Day here in the UK.
Not to take anything away from our American cousins, but we feel the UK independent automotive aftermarket needs to be celebrated. So this is your day.
Below you’ll find a few links to some of the great British aftermarket stories we’ve covered in the past year. We’re also keen to here how you’ll be spending your Independents’ Day, get in touch with a picture of your workshop celebrating and you could be featured in next month’s magazine. Email email@example.com with your snaps.
Let’s make today Independents’ Day.
Here are some of the great aftermarket stories we’ve covered in the past year:
- A record number of apprentices graduate at Thatcham’s
- Why the aftermarket loves British builds
- IMI offers more routes into MOT testing
- Independents offer the best value to customers, says IGA
- CAT award winners generate new business
- Government scraps plans to increase MOT intervals
- Independents gain a higher share of servicing work in 2011
- Parts Alliance secures Â£20 million supply deal with Kwik Fit
- CAT Award winner named Garage of the Year