PROMOTIONAL ARTICLE ON BEHALF OF DAYCO
Few influences on the engine are quite as critical, and have so many repercussions throughout the overall system, as its operating temperature. Maintaining the correct temperature in the various parts of the engine not only optimises fuel efficiency and minimises emissions, but also ensures the oil is at its most effective in lubricating and protecting the internal components, for example.
So, although often overlooked, thermostats are incredibly important, which means that when they fail, original equipment (OE) quality replacements must be the solution of choice.
To allow factors to grasp the potential, using AASA 2020 report data over a five-year period from 2014, thermostat failure rates have steadily increased to 5%. At the same time, the percentage of vehicles fitted with a housing design, rather than a traditional valve thermostat has grown from 55% to 80%.
Taking the age and relevance for thermostat replacement as 70% of the 35 million UK vehicle parc, leaves approximately 24.5 million four-year plus vehicles. Using the 5% failure rate from the report data and assuming a 50/50 split between traditional and contemporary designs in this age group, the thermostat replacement market is worth £6.7 million to the independent sector annually.
Relevant Range Coverage
Looking at the UK’s best selling cars in 2018, which are now reaching the age to be entering independent workshops, their thermostats perfectly reflect this 50/50 split between traditional valve and more modern housing type designs.
- Ford Fiesta – 77,833 registrations – DT1131V (Dayco part number)
- Volkswagen Golf – 58,994 registrations – DT1064F
- Ford Focus – 56,619 registrations – DT1110H
- Vauxhall Corsa – 54,239 registrations – DT1287F-S
- Mercedes A-Class – 53,724 registrations – DT1179H
- Nissan Qashqai – 52,532 registrations – DT1075F
- Ford Kuga – 41,671 registrations – DT1163H
- MINI – 41,188 registrations – DT1087H
- Volkswagen Polo – 37,543 registrations – DT1262V
- Kia Sportage – 34,502 registrations – DT1059V
Dayco’s extensive technological know-how and drive to ensure its products deliver to the highest levels of performance means that a combination of precision couplings and quality materials has enabled the company to produce thermostats that are the equal of OE products in their quality, safety, efficiency and durability.
Why choose Dayco thermostats?
- Dayco provides a complete range of thermostat components – from single thermostatic valves and thermostats with flanges to complete housings with sensors
- Products equivalent to OE quality and performance
- All components are tested and verified during production to guarantee the highest quality
- Wide and continually expanding range with wide coverage of the circulating vehicle parc
- New packaging that enhances the brand identity and product integrity
- On-line catalogue for quick and secure identification of the correct product for the application
- World leader in automotive technology for more than 110 years
- OE Supplier of the world’s leading brands on all continents