Dukes AutoTech has won the Motor Ombudsman’s Garage of the Year Award.
With a customer testimonial that apparently moved the panel, judges deemed the lengths that the husband and wife-run business went to, to assist a customer was worthy of being crowned the overall winner of this year’s contest.
Kerry Dukes, Partner at Dukes AutoTech, said: “We are absolutely delighted to have been chosen as the national and regional winners of the Garage Star Awards. It is testimony to the hard work and dedication of everyone in our team to ultimately ensure total satisfaction for each and every customer that uses our garage. What we did for the consumer who kindly nominated us, mirrors our philosophy of going the extra mile wherever we can, no matter how big or small the task in hand”.
Other winners in the Awards were as follows:
- North: Simon Graeme Auto Service Centre in Harrogate, for helping to recover a customer’s car outside of business hours
- South: Randeep Reehal, Operations Director at Courtwood Car Services in Uxbridge, for her persistence when solving numerous mechanical issues with a consumer’s vehicle, and acting quickly to keep them on the road.
- East: Cambridge Performance Tyres – Team Protyre, for going out of their way on more than one occasion to accommodate the needs of a motorist during peak periods for their business; • West: Dukes AutoTech in Cornwall, for the exceptional level of compassion and care provided to a customer after they were left with a broken-down vehicle at the roadside.
- Midlands: Chemix Autocentre Halesowen – Team Protyre, for delivering a consistently high level of service over many years.
- Wales: Avia Autos in Bridgend for going the extra mile to provide practical driving tips and free car care courses for consumers alongside a busy work schedule.
- Scotland: The Garage Whitburn in West Lothian, for their charitable work and support for the local community.
- Northern Ireland: Louise Harte, Service Advisor at Agnew Belfast Audi, for the lengths that she went to in order to prevent a customer’s holiday being interrupted whilst their car was being repaired.