Euro Car Parts has launched an exclusive lubricant, designed specifically for hybrid and electric drive compressors.
The product will be fully compatible with electric motors and windings: and matches the performance levels of the original lubricant supplied by the manufacturer.
So, for those of you that don’t know why a hybrid would need a lubricant, it works something like this:
- New generation hybrid cars use a hermetically sealed, partially electrically-driven compressor
- This allows the hybrid’s air con to work even when the engine is switched off
- The a/c compressors for new hybrids use electric motors that are submerged in the refrigerant circuit
- This means standard PAG and ester lubes (as well as UV dyes) are not suitable, as they attack the insulation material on the windings of the motor
- Hence the need for an aftermarket product and the new ECP lube
ECP claim that their new lubricant is compatible with the latest hybrid and electric drive compessor technology.
For more information, call ECP on 0845 602 2570 or visit http://www.eurocarparts.com.
More and more hybrid cars, such as the Prius, are going to be entering the aftermarket in the coming years.
ECP is one of the first companies to react to this and provide OE-standard solutions to problems garages are likely to encounter.