The untimely passing of Michael Jackson has sparked a revival of â€˜80s music, according to a poll of UK drivers.
According to a survey by vehicle history check company HPI, Britainâ€™s motorists have taken a trip down memory lane this summer, indulging in nostalgic tunes from Queen, Soft Cell and the King of Pop himself.
HPIâ€™s ultimate 80s drive-time compilation:
- Queen â€œI Want to Break Freeâ€
- Soft Cell â€œTainted Loveâ€
- Michael Jackson â€œBillie Jeanâ€
- Survivor â€œEye of the Tigerâ€
- Frankie Goes to Hollywood â€œRelaxâ€
- U2 â€œWith or Without Youâ€
- A-Ha â€œTake on Meâ€
- Ultravox â€œViennaâ€
- Police â€œDonâ€™t Stand so Close to Meâ€
- Dexyâ€™s Midnight Runners â€œCome on Eileenâ€
â€œThe untimely passing of Michael Jackson has got us reminiscing over the classic songs of this era,â€ said Nicola Johnson, HPIâ€™s consumer services manager.
She added: â€œOur survey shows that UK motorists love a bit of anthem rock when theyâ€™re behind the wheel [and] it seems that traffic jams could be behind the [number one] choice â€“ Queenâ€™s â€œI want to break free.â€