- 1993 models had a problem with the security of the brake pipes not being correctly secured the steering rack which caused the pies to chafe through. (VOSA)
- 1997 -1999 models could experience cracking to the vacuum hose to the Brake servo, reducing servo effectiveness – care should be taken to check the hose before misdiagnosing an internal fault with the servo. (VOSA)
- 1999 – 2001 Polo GTI models experienced a problem with the way the clutch pedal bracket was welded, resulting in the clutch not operating correctly. The condition of the clutch pedal mounting should be checked when diagnosing/replacing a clutch to identify a possible alternative reason for clutch failure. (VOSA)
- Polo saloon, Estate and Caddy has experienced similar problems with the Vacuum hose to the servo as the other models, so care should be taken in this area when investigating lack of servo action. (No date ranges supplied by VOSA).
- 2004 models built with 3 and 4 cylinder PD engines – the bolts to the tandem fuel pump cover may break due to a production fault leading to a diesel leak from the pump housing. (VOSA)
Inside Line: FPS
Latest NEWSView all NEWS articles
AUTUMN CAT OUT NOW COVER STORY: BREXIT TARIFFS BREXIT TARIFFS: We’re out. Now the aftermarket has a bill to pay CURRENT THINKING:, Battery recycling feature to take a load off your mind VAN TELEMETRY: What systems […]