PROMOTED CONTENT FROM VARTA (CLARIOS)
- Nationwide restrictions began to ease in the spring of this year, VARTA have been out visiting workshops to provide education around battery replacements.
- Helping UK workshops embrace the technology changes which are accelerating, and to be ready to profit from them.
Throughout 2020 and 2021, the VARTA team have encouraged technicians to test every car’s battery, as part of their Back To Better campaign, due to the fact that many drivers haven’t used their vehicles regularly and have experienced battery issues. An upsurge in battery related problems has been widespread across Europe, and it is vital that a battery test-check is carried out when vehicles are brought into the workshop.
During the garage visits, the VARTA team reminded workshops of this and advised technicians not already doing so, to start testing; and not to let a vehicle with a potential battery issue enter and leave without inspection.
Ashley Craig, VARTA Technical Representative commented “we felt it was the right time to start doing workshop visits again, and start connecting with installers once restrictions were removed. We’ve travelled the length and breadth of the country, visiting independent garages and engaging with their employees about the challenges of modern vehicles’ battery replacements.”
- Feedback from the visits has been very welcome but also highlighted the challenge of increasingly complex battery jobs.
Most vehicles entering the workshop now have start-stop and with many of them the battery isn’t under the bonnet anymore, but in a more-difficult-to-reach location, often hidden from view. The quick 5-10 minute job of replacing a battery, can be nearer an hour now, and usually requires re-coding to the car’s ECU via a diagnostic tool. The added matter of trying to explain to a customer of why their car requires an AGM or EFB battery, rather than a traditional flooded battery can also be challenging; in reality the driver might not have heard of these terms before and be surprised about the cost of newer technology; despite their car being absolutely packed full of electrical consumers.
- To help overcome these challenges, VARTA offer the free-to-access VARTA Partner Portal to all technicians; the industry leading online platform uses Original Equipment information to help identify the correct battery for every vehicle, and also includes step-by-step fitting instructions, location of the battery, job time and re-coding information.
- Access to the VARTA Partner Portal is available via all internet-enabled devices: after a quick one-off registration, each workshop employee has FREE and unlimited access, so you can ensure the correct battery is recommended and installed in the quickest time possible.
To ensure you keep your customers moving, fit VARTA the battery brand trusted by the trade, the leading original equipment battery in Europe. Ask for VARTA from your local factor today!