The search for Motor Codesâ€™ Golden Garage is hotting up and CATâ€™s 2010 Garage of the Year, ABP Motorsport, still has everything to play for.
The Crewe-based independent, owned by Chris Meredith, has made it to the top 10 list and will now face a panel of judges and a site visit by the RAC, along with 9 other finalists.
The 10 regional winners, who will each bag prizes worth Â£1000, are:
A1 Motorcare â€“ Cardiff, Wales
- ABP Motorsport â€“ Crewe, North West
- Anglo Continental Cars â€“ Milton Keynes, Midlands
- Arnold Clark Renault â€“ Paisley, Scotland
- Clive Woolford Motors â€“ Tewkesbury, South West
- Fred Henderson â€“ Durham, North East
- Kinghams â€“ Croydon, South East & London
- Kings of Witcham â€“ Ely, East
- Prestige Services â€“ Wakefield, Yorkshire
- SERE Motors â€“ Lisburn, Northern Ireland
But only one can be crowned Golden Garage, a title which comes with an enticing prize pot worth Â£5000.
Over 8000 motorists voted online for their favourite local garage in the month-long contest.