Sponsored content: Impression
Responding to angry comments and answering a load of DMs isn’t easy, especially when you’re juggling a billion other tasks. Use these tips to level up your social media customer service and take customer satisfaction up a notch *without* giving yourself more work!
- Use a chatbot – These are a great way to provide basic social customer service and address FAQs 24/7, even when you’re not online.
- Create guidelines for social – Help your team build consistency with guidelines for tone of voice, response times for each channel, FAQs and process for escalations.
- Manage customer expectations – Make it clear to customers when your service team is available and how long it typically takes for them to hear back from you.
- Don’t make customers wait – Minimise your response times by automating processes to create efficiency and using tools like saved replies and autoresponders.
- Turn public conversations private – Instead of resolving a comment publicly, ask a user to send you a DM, as complaints, questions or requests are often better handled through a private channel.